70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 eLearning
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
The 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 online training course is designed for experienced IT professionals who have knowledge and experience administering Windows PCs and devices in a domain environment with managed access to the Internet. You will learn the skills you need to administer Windows 8.1 in a Windows Server domain environment and also provide secure, managed access to users from their non-domain joined Windows devices.
You will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, integrate and control access to domains and cloud services, and migrate and synchronize settings across multiple devices. In addition, you will learn how to implement mobile security and customize configurations using Windows management tools including Group Policy and Windows PowerShell. You will also learn how to configure user settings and profiles, local and remote network connectivity, Client Hyper-V, virtual apps, and Internet Explorer 11. Finally, you will learn how to optimize security and provide controlled access from Windows 8.1 PCs and devices to specified resources through Workplace Join services and Work Folders.
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
- *For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.
- At least two years of experience in the IT field
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the certificate security and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax
- Basic awareness of Windows deployment tools (Windows ADK components: Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals) but no actual prerequisite skills with the specific tools are assumed
- This online training course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 8.1 PCs, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. This course is also intended to provide foundation configuration skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.