The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS) v1.0 course teaches you security concepts, common network and application operations and attacks, and the types of data needed to investigate security incidents.
This course teaches you how to monitor alerts and breaches, and how to understand and follow established procedures for response to alerts converted to incidents. Through a combination of instructor video, hands-on labs, and self-study, you will learn the essential skills, concepts, and technologies to be a contributing member of a cybersecurity operations center, including understanding the IT infrastructure, operations, and vulnerabilities. This course helps you prepare for the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification and the role of a Junior or entry-level cybersecurity operations analyst in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Explain how a SOC operates and describe the different types of services that are performed from a Tier 1 SOC analyst’s perspective
- Explain Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools that are available to the network security analyst
- Explain the data that is available to the network security analyst
- Describe the basic concepts and uses of cryptography
- Describe security flaws in the TCP/IP protocol and how they can be used to attack networks and hosts
- Understand common endpoint security technologies
- Understand the kill chain and the diamond models for incident investigations, and the use of exploit kits by threat actors
- Identify resources for hunting cyber threats
- Explain the need for event data normalization and event correlation
- Identify the common attack vectors
- Identify malicious activities
- Identify patterns of suspicious behaviors
- Conduct security incident investigations
- Explain the use of a typical playbook in the SOC
- Explain the use of SOC metrics to measure the effectiveness of the SOC
- Explain the use of a workflow management system and automation to improve the effectiveness of the SOC
- Describe a typical incident response plan and the functions of a typical Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Explain the use of Vocabulary for Event Recording and Incident Sharing (VERIS) to document security incidents in a standard format
This course is designed for individuals seeking a role as an associate-level cybersecurity analyst, IT professionals desiring knowledge in Cybersecurity operations or those in pursuit of the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification including:
- Students pursuing a technical degree
- Current IT professionals
- Recent college graduates with a technical degree
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of the Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with basics of networking security concepts
The following Cisco course can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
$800.00 for 6 months of access
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.