Microsoft Visio 2019: Part 1
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
- Course Topics
- Course Objectives
- Target Audience
From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft® Visio® provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio
Topic A: Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
Topic B: Work with Visio Global Options in the Backstage View
Topic C: Save a File
Topic D: Work with Visio for the Web
Lesson 2: Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
Topic A: Use Drawing Components
Topic B: Modify a Drawing
Topic C: Insert Callouts and Groups
Lesson 3: Building Organization Charts
Topic A: Create an Organization Chart Manually
Topic B: Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
Topic C: Modify an Organization Chart
Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
Topic A: Make a Basic Floor Plan
Topic B: Model a Room Layout
Lesson 5: Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Topic A: Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Topic B: Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Lesson 6: Designing a Network Diagram
Topic A: Create Network Diagrams
Topic B: Use Shape Data
Topic C: Use Layers
Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
Topic A: Modify Shape and Connector Styles
Topic B: Apply Themes and Variants
Topic C: Use Containers
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams.
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio and who will be using Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting.
For this course, you will need one workstation for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft® Visio® Professional 2019
- Microsoft® Visio® Online Plan 1 or Online Plan 2 subscription if you wish to perform the optional activity in Topic 1D
- Microsoft® Office Professional 2010 or higher
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers, including a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows 10 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 1 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org