Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on Microsoft Azure
*Looking for flexible schedule (after hours or weekend)? Please call or email us: 858-208-4141 or email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Learn to deploy and manage your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops apps and desktops in Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services. You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment. For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on the Azure platform.
This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops sites.
• Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
• Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services
• Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
• Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager
• Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Module 1: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on Azure Overview
• Defining IAAS
• Citrix Virtual Apps and
• Desktops Azure Deployment Models
• Azure Fundamentals Review
• Azure Management
• Azure Locations
Module 2: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Integration with Azure Active Directory
• Active Directory Basics
• Active Directory Usage
• Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
• Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 3: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
• Azure Connectivity
• Cloud Connectors in Azure
• Creating Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Host
Connections to Azure
Module 4: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
• Master Image Preparation
• Machine Creation Services in Azure
• Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 5: Providing Access to End Users
• StoreFront Locations
• NetScaler Locations
• Multiple Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Zones in Azure Regions
Module 6: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
• Maintaining Infrastructure
• Maintaining Resources
• Power Management
Module 7: Plan for a Successful POC
• Planning your next steps
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Experience deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in on-premises environment.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
• Virtual machine management
• Azure Resource Manager portals
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 2 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com