Tableau Desktop Level 2: Beyond the Basics
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
Tableau has emerged as one of the most popular Business Intelligence solutions in recent times, thanks to its powerful and interactive data visualization capabilities. This course will empower you to become a master in Tableau by exploiting the many of its new features.
You will embark on this exciting journey by getting to know the valuable methods of utilizing advanced calculations to solve complex problems. These techniques include creative use of different types of calculations such as row-level, aggregate-level, and more. You will discover how almost any data visualization challenge can be met in Tableau Desktop by getting a proper understanding of the tool’s inner workings and creatively exploring possibilities.
You’ll be armed with an arsenal of advanced chart types and techniques to enable you to efficiently and engagingly present information to a variety of audiences through the use of clear, efficient and engaging dashboards. Explanations and examples of efficient and inefficient visualization techniques, well-designed and poorly-designed dashboards, and compromise design options for when Tableau consumers will not embrace the data visualization will build your understanding of best design practices using Tableau Desktop and how to use it efficiently.
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with all the information you need to create effective data visualizations and dashboards. In addition, you will learn a great deal about data, data cleansing and data types when using Tableau Desktop.
This class, when combined with our Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction class, offer a strong foundation in preparation for the Tableau Desktop Certified Associate Exam. Exam prep guide is shown here: https://mkt.tableau.com/files/DesktopCA_ExamGuide.pdf
- Before attending this course, it is highly recommended that students have taken the following course: Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction
- In addition, it is recommended to have at least 6 months experience using Tableau Desktop.
- Students should have experience using Microsoft Excel and the use of Pivot Tables and calculations would be helpful.
- This two-day course will provide you with the skills that will help you be a Tableau Advanced designer. It is designed for individuals with at least 6 months experience with the fundamental concepts of Tableau and/or those students who have taken the Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction class and who wish to take their skills to the next level.