CGRC – Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
Are you preparing for the CGRC examination or want to demonstrate your expertise in risk management frameworks? Certified Authorization Professional (CGRC) online training by CCS Learning Academy helps you to prove your skills and emphatically gain support from the community of cyber security leaders.
The CGRC Certification Training educates candidates on security risk management and information system authorization. In fact, our course will help you to prepare for the Certified Authorization Professional exam by the ISC2.
This official (ISC)2® Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) Training prepares you for the CGRC exam. The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®) has changed its name to Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC). This is only a title change, so the course modules, prerequisites, and delivery remain the same.
An individual certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) is an information security practitioner who advocates for security risk management in pursuit of information system authorization. This is needed to support an organization’s mission and operations in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Passing the CGRC Exam meets U.S. DoD Directive 8140/8570.01 Management (IAM) Level-I and Management (IAM) Level-II requirements.
Q:Why is the CAP exam name changing and what is it changing to?
A:The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) is changing to Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC). Only the name is changing.
This change better represents the knowledge, skills and abilities required to earn and maintain this certification. The subject matter is broader and more inclusive to frameworks used around the world.
Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance (CGRC) cybersecurity professionals have the knowledge and skills to integrate governance, performance management, risk management and regulatory compliance within the organization while helping the organization achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity. CGRC professionals align IT goals with organizational objectives as they manage cyber risks and achieve regulatory needs. They utilize frameworks to integrate security and privacy with the organization’s overall objectives, allowing stakeholders to make informed decisions regarding data security and privacy risks.
Q: When will CAP change its name to CGRC?
A: It will officially change on February 15, 2023.
Q: If I already hold the CAP certification, what do I need to do?
A: Your digital certificate will update in your account. You will be sent an email from Credly to accept a new version of the digital badge representing the change to CGRC.
Q:If I have been studying for the CAP exam with material that focuses on the current domains, will I be sufficiently prepared to take the new exam without additional study?
A: Yes, this change is to only the name of the exam. All (ISC)² exams are experiential and include experience-based items that cannot be learned by studying alone. If you already have the required experience in the domains and believe that you have sufficient proficiency in those domains, you should feel confident that you can pass the CGRC exam and meet the experience requirements for full certification.
- 5-days Certified Instructor-led training
- Official (ISC)² CGRC CBK Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
- *For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To qualify for the CGRC certification, you must have a minimum of two years of cumulative, paid, full-time work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the CGRC Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
- Authorizing Official
- Cyber GRC Manager
- Cybersecurity Auditor
- Cybersecurity Compliance Officer
- GRC Architect
- GRC Information Technology Manager
- GRC Manager
- Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance Project Manager
- Cybersecurity Risk & Controls Analyst
- Cybersecurity Third Party Risk Manager
- Enterprise Risk Manager
- GRC Analyst
- GRC Director
- GRC Security Analyst
- System Security Manager
- System Security Officer
- Information Assurance Manager