Welcome to Microsoft® Project® 2019 (On-Premise or Online Editions): Part 1 . This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Note : This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an “on-premise” edition or subscribed to a “cloud-based” (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
Topic B: Define Task Relationships
Topic C: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
Topic B: Set a Baseline
Topic C: Share a Project Plan
Appendix A: Navigating in the Microsoft Project Online Environment
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.
For this course, you will need one workstation for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic knowledge and skills using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system—preferably the most current version. While you do not need to be an expert, some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
You can take any of the following course offerings from Logical Operations to attain the requisite knowledge and skills:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Office Word: Part 1 – choose from 2016, 2019, or Office 365™ edition
- Microsoft® Office Excel®: Part 1 – choose from 2016, 2019, or Office 365™ edition
- Project Management Fundamentals (Third Edition)
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 1 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com