How customized Diversity Equity Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) training helped a government entity achieve DEIB goals and improve their corporate culture.
Our client is a transit authority for mid-size city on the east coast. The organization provides a variety of transportation services to 150,000–200,000 riders per weekday or about 45 million rides annually. Their service area is 457 square miles.
As a public facing organization, the transit authority is cognizant that their workers need strong interpersonal communication skills and knowledge, including DEIB awareness. The organization recognized their workforce had no formal DEIB training. They came to us for a learning series that would educate their front line and management staff on DEIB practices.
We worked closely with the transit authority’s representative to understand the challenges faced by their employees as well as the transit authority’s overall goals. Next, we worked with key stakeholders and project managers to learn their concerns and goals. We used this information to design a customized solution, which included:
- A monthly training series for employees on foundational DEIB skills with topics like:
- DEIB Overview
- Understand Privilege
- Systemic Racism
- Implicit/Unconscious Bias
- Generational Diversity
- DEIB stakeholder sessions
- A Strategic planning and leadership retreat
- Recorded simulated sessions for refreshers and ongoing learning (long term sustainability model).
AT A GLANCEChallenges
- The workforce was lacking DEIB skills and knowledge.
- Transit authority out of compliance with DEBI regulations.
- DEIB training promotes an inclusive corporate culture.
- Upskilled employees have the knowledge and skills to implement DEIB practices effectively.
- Transit authority leadership can incorporate DEBI practices into the entity’s goals and policies to support an inclusive environment and continue to comply with regulations.
Why They Hired Us
- The transit authority’s workforce knows, understands and can implement DEIB best practices in the workplace.
- Transit authority leadership is equipped to handle DEIB conversations and conflicts.
- The transit authority’s corporate culture is more inclusive, and the organization meets DEIB legal compliances.
Who We Are
CCS Learning Academy is the professional training division of CCS Global Tech, a full-service technology and business solution provider. We use our connection to CCS Global Tech to stay abreast of current technology, professional development, business trends, developments, and needs. We use this information to inform our training offerings, which change to align with the current environment.
We’ve been providing high-level technology and business training to professionals since 1997.