The Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU) v1.1 course helps you prepare for entry-level data center roles.
In this course, you will learn the foundational knowledge and skills you need to configure Cisco data center technologies including: networking, virtualization, Storage Area Networking (SAN), and unified computing. You will get an introduction to Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI), automation and cloud computing. You will also receive hands-on experience configuring features on Cisco Nexus Operating System (Cisco NX-OS) and Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS).
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the foundations of data center networking
- Describe Cisco Nexus products and explain the basic Cisco NX-OS functionalities and tools
- Describe Layer 3 first-hop redundancy
- Describe Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) connectivity
- Describe Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPCs)
- Introduce switch virtualization, machine virtualization, and describe network virtualization
- Compare storage connectivity options in the data center
- Describe Fibre Channel communication between the initiator server and the target storage
- Describe Fibre Channel zone types and their uses
- Describe N-Port Virtualization (NPV) and N-Port Identifier Virtualization (NPIV)
- Describe data center Ethernet enhancements that provide a lossless fabric
- Describe Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Describe data center server connectivity
- Describe Cisco UCS Manager
- Describe the purpose and advantages of APIs
- Describe Cisco ACI
- Describe the basic concepts of cloud computing
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of the VMware environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
The recommended Cisco course that may help you meet these prerequisites is:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
$1,500.00 for 6 months of access
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.