Tableau has for some time been one of the most popular Business Intelligence and data visualization tools available. Why? Because, quite simply, it’s a tool that’s responsive to the needs of modern business. But it’s most effective when you know how to get what you want from it – it might make your business intelligent, but it isn’t going to make you intelligent.
We’ll make sure you’re well prepared to take full advantage of Tableau’s features. Whether you’re an experienced data analyst that wants to explore 2019-2020’s new Tableau, or you’re a beginner that wants to expand their skillset and bring a more professional and sharper approach to their organization, we’ve got you covered. Beginning with the fundamentals, such as data connections with various file types, you’ll soon learn how to build and customize your own data visualizations and dashboards, essential for high-level visibility and effective data visualization. You’ll also work with Tableau’s many wizards and shortcuts, for the purpose of creating beautiful Business Intelligence visualizations quickly and with the least amount of effort.
In addition, we’ll show you how to work with calculations, dashboards and stories and be able to understand the various Tableau products that your company may be using. Therefore, you and your organization – will start making smarter and informed decisions which is really what this class provides.
- Find out how to build effective visualizations and dashboards
- Prepare and clean your data so you can be sure Tableau Desktop is finding answers to your questions – not raising more problems
- Discover how to create advanced visualizations that explain complexity with clarity and style
- Learn how to use data storytelling to aid decision-making and strategy
- Share dashboards and visualizations to cultivate a culture where data is available and valued
Alternative Class for Novice Users
If you don’t have any BI experience, we recommend that you consider the 4-day version of this class for novice users. It has very similar content but allows more time to review basic concepts and to do practice labs. See outline for this class below:
Tableau Desktop Level 1: Introduction for Novice Users.
This class offers a strong foundation in preparation for the Tableau Desktop Specialist Exam. The prep guide is shown here: https://mkt.tableau.com/files/DesktopSpecialist_ExamGuide.pdf
• Create stylish visualizations and dashboards that explain complexity with clarity
• Learn effective data storytelling to transform how your business uses ideas and makes decisions
• Explore features in Tableau Desktop that will help you redefine what business visualizations mean to your organization
Before attending this course, students should have experience using Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables and calculations in Excel are recommended. Use of Windows Operating System is also highly recommended.
This two-day course is designed for Tableau users with some prior experience with Tableau or similar analytics software such as Power BI. It will help you understand techniques for creating visualizations and combining them in interactive dashboards. This will be a fast-paced class.