Analyze individual query performance and determine where improvements can be made. Explore performance-related Dynamic Management Objects. Investigate how indexes and database design affect queries.
This Course helps prepare you for Exam DP-300: Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions.
Module 1: Explore query performance optimization
Read and understand various forms of execution plans. Compare estimated vs actual plans. Learn how and why plans are generated. Understand the purpose and benefits of the Query Store.
- Understand query plans
- Explain estimated and actual query plans
- Describe dynamic management views and functions
- Explore Query Store
- Identify problematic query plans
- Describe blocking and locking
- Exercise: Identify and resolve blocking issues
Module 2: Explore performance-based design
Explore normalization for relational databases. Investigate the impact of proper datatype usage. Compare types of indexes.
- Describe normalization
- Choose appropriate data types
- Design indexes
- Exercise: Identify database design issues
Module 3: Evaluate performance improvements
Evaluate possible changes to indexes. Determine the impact of changes to queries and indexes. Explore Query Store hints.
- Describe wait statistics
- Tune and maintain indexes
- Understand query hints
- Exercise: Isolate problem areas in poorly performing queries
The audience for this course is data professionals managing data and databases who want to learn about administering the data platform technologies that are available on Microsoft Azure
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 1 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com