It’s hard to imagine a day going by without people passing along large amounts of information. With so much communication to contend with, it can be difficult to grab people’s attention. But, we are often called upon to do just that. So, how do you grab and maintain an audience’s focus when you’re asked to present important information? By being clear, organized, and engaging. And, that is exactly what Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2019 can help you do.
Gone are the days of flip charts or drawing on a white board to illustrate your point. Today’s audiences are tech savvy, accustomed to high-impact multimedia content, and stretched for time. By learning how to use the vast array of features and functionality contained within PowerPoint 2019, you will gain the ability to organize your content, enhance it with high-impact visuals, and deliver it with a punch. In this course, you will use PowerPoint 2019 to begin creating engaging, dynamic multimedia presentations.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the PowerPoint Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-300.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint 2019
Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
Topic B: View and Navigate a Presentation
Topic C: Use PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
Topic A: Create and Save a Presentation
Topic B: Edit Text
Topic C: Work with Slides
Topic D: Design a Presentation
Lesson 3: Performing Advanced Text Editing Operations
Topic A: Format Characters
Topic B: Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding and Arranging Graphical Elements
Topic A: Insert Images
Topic B: Insert Shapes
Topic C: Create SmartArt
Topic D: Insert Icons and 3D Models
Topic E: Arrange and Size Objects
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Elements
Topic A: Format Images
Topic B: Format Shapes
Topic C: Customize SmartArt
Topic D: Format Icons
Topic E: Format 3D Models
Topic F: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
Topic A: Review Your Presentation
Topic B: Apply Transitions
Topic C: Print a Presentation
Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to PowerPoint Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-300
Appendix B: Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
In this course, you will create and deliver an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
- Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
- Perform advanced text editing operations.
- Add graphical elements.
- Format graphical elements.
- Prepare to deliver your presentation.
This course is designed for students who wish to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint 2019 that is necessary to create and develop engaging multimedia presentations.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 2 gigabytes (GB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- 32 GB available storage space.
- Monitor capable of a screen resolution of at least 1,024 × 768 pixels, at least a 256-color display, and a video adapter with at least 4 MB of memory.
- Bootable DVD-ROM or USB drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or a compatible pointing device.
- Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/s) adapter or faster and cabling to connect to the classroom network.
- IP addresses that do not conflict with other portions of your network.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- (Instructor computer only) A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 1 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com