Every day, millions of email messages are exchanged among people within and between organizations. Email has a ubiquitous presence in the lives of many, and it’s likely that email technologies will continue to evolve with the changing needs of workplaces. After all, email communication has not been replaced, or its growth slowed, as many predicted with the rise of social media and the widespread adoption of mobile technologies. Many organizations have implemented mail management systems that combine the back-end power of Microsoft® Exchange Server and the front-end intuitive user interface of Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2019.
In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate mail management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, preserve data with archives and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your Outlook items. In short, you’ll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft ® Office Outlook® 2019: Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work style.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400 certification.
Lesson 1: Modifying Message Properties and Customizing Outlook
Topic A: Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
Topic B: Modify Message Properties
Topic C: Add Email Accounts to Outlook
Topic D: Customize Outlook Options
Lesson 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
Topic A: Group and Sort Messages
Topic B: Filter and Manage Messages
Topic C: Search Outlook Items
Lesson 3: Managing Your Mailbox
Topic A: Manage Junk Email Options
Topic B: Manage Your Mailbox Size
Lesson 4: Automating Message Management
Topic A: Use Automatic Replies
Topic B: Use Rules to Organize Messages
Topic C: Create and Use Quick Steps
Lesson 5: Working with Calendar Settings
Topic A: Set Advanced Calendar Options
Topic B: Create and Manage Additional Calendars
Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 6: Managing Contacts
Topic A: Import and Export Contacts
Topic B: Use Electronic Business Cards
Topic C: Forward Contacts
Lesson 7: Managing Activities by Using Tasks
Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
Lesson 8: Sharing Outlook Items
Topic A: Delegate Access to Outlook Folders
Topic B: Share Your Calendar
Topic C: Share Your Contacts
Lesson 9: Managing Outlook Data Files
Topic A: Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
Topic B: Work with Outlook Data Files
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400
Appendix B: Configuring Email Message Security Settings
Appendix C: Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook archives and data file settings.
- Insert objects in messages, and modify properties and global options.
- Organize, search, and manage messages.
- Protect your mailbox and manage its size.
- Use rules and Quick Steps to automate message management.
- Work with advanced calendar settings.
- Import and forward contacts.
- Manage activities by assigning tasks to others.
- Delegate access to and share Outlook items with others.
- Archive and back up Outlook items using data files.
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Office Outlook® and want to know how to use its advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 25 GB available disk space
- DirectX 10 graphics card and a 1,024 × 576 or higher resolution monitor (1,024 × 768 resolution or higher monitor recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen
Software requirements for all classroom computers:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft® Office 2019 (Outlook is the only Office application used in this course.)
- Microsoft® Exchange Server (if setting up an on-premise Exchange Server) or Microsoft® Office 365™ licenses (if choosing to let Microsoft manage the Exchange Server).The Office 365 plan you use depends on the licensing available in your environment. If you wish to use a trial version for testing, Office 365 Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise E3 are acceptable.
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to open and close applications, navigate basic file structures, and manage files and folders. Additionally, it will benefit you to have basic Outlook skills. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2019: Part 1
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 1 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org