In this 5-day course, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR), students will master the skills and technologies needed to implement core Cisco security solutions to provide advanced threat protection against cybersecurity attacks. Students will learn security for networks, cloud and content, endpoint protection, secure network access, visibility and enforcements. They will get extensive hands-on experience deploying Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall and Cisco ASA Firewall; configuring access control policies, mail policies, and 802.1X Authentication; and more. Students will also get introductory practice on Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud threat detection features.
This course will help you prepare to take the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam. It also helps you prepare for the CCNP Security and CCIE Security certifications and for senior-level security roles featuring Cisco security solutions.
To earn CCNP Security, you pass two exams: a core exam (SCOR) and a security concentration exam of your choice. And now every exam in the CCNP Security program earns an individual Specialist certification, so you get recognized for your accomplishments along the way.
The core exam focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure. The core exam is also the qualifying exam for CCIE Security certification. Passing this exam helps toward earning both of these certifications.
Concentration exams focus on emerging and industry-specific topics. You can prepare for concentration exams by taking their corresponding Cisco training courses.
Concentration exams (choose one)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe information security concepts and strategies within the network
- Describe common TCP/IP, network application, and endpoint attacks
- Describe how various network security technologies work together to guard against attacks
- Implement access control on Cisco ASA appliance and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- Describe and implement basic email content security features and functions provided by Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Describe and implement web content security features and functions provided by Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Describe Cisco Umbrella security capabilities, deployment models, policy management, and Investigate console
- Introduce VPNs and describe cryptography solutions and algorithms
- Describe Cisco secure site-to-site connectivity solutions and explain how to deploy Cisco IOS VTI-based point-to-point IPsec VPNs, and point-to-point IPsec VPN on the Cisco ASA and Cisco FirePower NGFW
- Describe and deploy Cisco secure remote access connectivity solutions and describe how to configure 802.1X and EAP authentication
- Provide basic understanding of endpoint security and describe AMP for Endpoints architecture and basic features
- Examine various defenses on Cisco devices that protect the control and management plane
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS Software Layer 2 and Layer 3 Data Plane Controls
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise and Stealthwatch Cloud solutions
- Describe basics of cloud computing and common cloud attacks and how to secure cloud environment
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Security Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Consulting Systems Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrators/Partners
- Network Manager
- Cisco integrators and partners
The knowledge and skills that the learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 course
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- Familiarity with basics of networking security concepts
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com