In this course, students are introduced to various techniques of OLTP data modeling through interactions from users. Students will gather business requirements, following conceptual, logical, and physical data models, to acquire the physical instance of the database. The course’s primary focus is on designing ER diagrams per business requirements, understanding keys, relationships, and various other approaches to designing OLTP databases.
- Gather business requirements
- Analyze business requirements
- Create logical and physical data models
- Learn Erwin modeling tools
- Forward and reverse engineering techniques