The Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE) v2.4, an identity and access control policy platform that simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections.
This provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and use Cisco ISE, including policy enforcement, profiling services, web authentication and guest access services, BYOD, endpoint compliance services, and TACACS+ device administration.
You will learn how to use Cisco ISE to gain visibility into what is happening in your network, streamline security policy management, and contribute to operational efficiency.
This course helps you prepare to take the Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (300-715 SISE) exam, which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Identity Management Implementation certifications.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1x and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization
- Describe third-party Network Access Devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec, and Easy Connect
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control Server (Cisco Secure ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge:
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS Software CLI
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1x
Recommended Cisco learning offerings that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Cisco CCNP Security Certification training
- Introduction to 802.1x Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1x)
$500.00 for 6 months of access
This new Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
- Accessible 24x7x365 both from your PC and Mobile Device
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
NOTE: These are our Partner Delivered eLearning.