The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner, C)DFE certification is designed to train Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigators. Students are taught electronic discovery and advanced investigation techniques. This course is essential to anyone encountering digital evidence while conducting an investigation.
Mile2’s Certified Digital Forensics Examiner training teaches the methodology for conducting a computer forensic examination. Students will learn to use forensically sound investigative techniques in order to evaluate the scene, collect and document all relevant information, interview appropriate personnel, maintain chain-of-custody, and write a findings report.
Through the use of a risk-based approach, the C)DFE is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
Suggested Prior Knowledge:
* 1 year experience in computers
* Mile2’s CSP Course or Certification
* Mile2 C)DFE
Module 1 – Computer Forensic Incidents
Module 2 – Investigative Theory
Module 3 – Investigative Process
Module 4 – Digital Acquisition and Analysis Tools
Module 5 – Disks and Storages
Module 6 – Live Acquisitions
Module 7 – Windows Forensics
Module 8 – Linux Forensics
Module 9 – Mac Forensics
Module 10 – Examination Protocols
Module 11– Digital Evidence Protocols
Module 12 – Digital Evidence Presentation
Module 13– Laboratory Protocols
Module 14– Specialized Artifact Recovery
Module 15– eDiscovery and ESI
Module 16– Mobile Forensics
Module 17– Incident Handling
Module 18– Reporting
Lab 1 – Chain of Custody
Lab 2 – Identify Seized Evidences
Lab 3 – Devices Acquisition
Lab 4 – Memory Acquisition
Lab 5 – Prepare the Case Evidence
Lab 6 – Investigate the Acquired Evidence
Lab 7 – Prepare the Case Evidence
Lab 8 – Windows Event Logs Analysis
Lab 9 – Linux Primary Info Retrieval
Lab 10 – Investigate OSX Evidence
Lab 11 – Finding Clues
Lab 12 – Construct the Case Events
Lab 13 – Evidence found from a Seized Android Device
Lab 14 – Incident Response
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Upon completion, the Certified Digital Forensics Examiner candidate will be able to competently take the CDFE exam.
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 5 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Exam Prep
- e-Lab Guide (if applicable)
- Cyber Range Access (if applicable)
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com