This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs. This course updates and replaces course 10985C previously published under the same title.
Module 1: Introduction to databases
This module introduces key database concepts in the context of SQL Server.
- Introduction to Relational Databases
- Other Databases and Storage
- Data Analysis
- SQL Server Database Languages
Module 2: Data Modeling
This module describes data modelling techniques.
- Data Modelling
- Designing a Database
- Relationship Modeling
Module 3: Normalization
This module describes normalization and denormalization techniques.
- Fundamentals of Normalization
- Normal Form
Module 4: Relationships
This module describes relationship types and effects in database design.
- Introduction to Relationships
- Planning Referential Integrity
Module 5: Performance
This module introduces the effects of database design on performance.
- Query Performance
Module 6: Database Objects
This module introduces commonly used database objects.
- Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions
Lab: Exploring SQL Server Databases and Tables
- Explore SQL Server
- Query Databases and Tables
Lab: Identify Components in Relationship Modeling
Lab: Normalizing Data
Lab: Planning and Implementing Referential Integrity
- Implementing Referential Integrity
Lab: Performance Issues
Lab: Using SQL Server Objects
- Using Tables
- Using Views
- Using Stored Procedures
The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies. Developers that deliver content from SQL Server databases will also benefit from this material.
This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
With CCS Learning Academy, you’ll receive:
- 3 Day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Pre and Post assessments/evaluations
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
*For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com