SSNGFW: Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
This lab-intensive 5-day course introduces the student to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and next-generation firewall (NGFW) security concepts. The course then leads you through the Cisco Firepower system. Among other powerful features, you become familiar with:
- Firepower Threat Defense configuration
- In-depth event analysis
- NGIPS tuning and configuration
You also become familiar with the latest platform features: file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest major features, and the role of policies in implementing the solution. You learn how to deploy and manage Cisco Firepower Threat Defense devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery. You learn how to use and configure Threat Defense technology, including application control, security intelligence, NGFW, NGIPS, and network-based malware and file controls. Also, you learn how to take advantage of powerful tools, so you can perform more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file types and network-based malware. And you’ll learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence. The course concludes with system and user administration tasks and Threat Defense system troubleshooting. This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs that give you practice in deploying and managing the Cisco Firepower system.
This course is a part of CCNP Security.
- Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
- *For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with firewall and IPS concepts
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers