PeopleCert SCRUM Master II
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
Scrum is a framework within which people can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.
Scrum is a process framework for developing, delivering, and sustaining complex products that has been used to manage work on complex products since the early 1990s. Scrum is not a process, technique, or definitive method. Rather, it is a framework within which you can employ various processes and techniques. Scrum makes clear the relative efficacy of your product management and work techniques so that you can continuously improve the product, the team, and the working environment. The role of Scrum Master is crucial to ensuring a proper Scrum process is maintained throughout a project.
It’s in this continuously evolving context, that PeopleCert designed a suite of Scrum Master qualifications that reflects the market need to close the skills-gap that many organizations are facing and support the realization of their business objectives and to improve communication, standardization, collaboration and automation for the delivery of quality software products better, faster and with a lower cost.
Purpose of the SCRUM Master II Qualification
The purpose of this qualification level is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge, understanding and application of the Scrum framework and be able to work effectively with, or as a leading member of, a Scrum Team, analyzing and applying these skills and knowledge. The PeopleCert SCRUM Master I certification is highly recommended for the PeopleCert SCRUM Master II certification.
Qualification Scheme Level
Through the above learning objectives, candidates will demonstrate relevant knowledge skills in the following areas:
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum
- The Scrum Master Role
- The Day-to-Day Work of the Scrum Master in a Sprint
- An Introduction to Scaling Scrum
The PeopleCert SCRUM Master II certification exam is designed to validate a candidate’s knowledge, and understanding, of the Scrum practices, as detailed above as well as how to be able to apply and analyze this knowledge in real situations faced by a Scrum Master
The SCRUM Master II exam focuses on the following four (4) categories in the cognitive domain of Bloom’s taxonomy1 which is a reference for different levels of learning:
The assessment approach used for the PeopleCert SCRUM Master II certification focuses on the four basic categories of Knowledge, Comprehension, Application and Analysis.
Knowledge is defined as recalling previously learned material, from facts to theories and represents the lowest level of learning outcomes in the cognitive domain. Such learning outcomes are turned in assessment objectives that include knowing and recalling such as:
- Common and/or basic terms, definitions, concepts and principles
- Specific processes
- Processes, procedures and project management methods
Comprehension is the lowest level of understanding and entails the ability to grasp the meaning of the material taught, including some elements of interpretation, translation or estimation during the process. Such learning
outcomes and in turn assessment objectives go beyond simply recalling information and may include:
- Understanding facts, concepts and principles
- Interpreting material (i.e. code, charts, graphs, text, diagrams)
- Justifying a process, procedure and method used
Application is a level where candidates need to combine their knowledge and understanding/comprehension on a subject and be able to create an abstraction. More specifically, candidates are expected to apply their knowledge and understanding so that abstractions, general principles, or methods to specific concrete situations are made. Such learning outcomes and in turn assessment objectives go beyond simply recalling information and may include:
- Use ideas, principles and theories in new, specific and concrete situations
- Being able to choose appropriate methods and tools, apply principles, use a specific approach or identify the selection of options at a given situation
- Apply what is learnt into a new situation
- Apply rules, methods, concepts, principles, and theories
- Learning outcomes in this area require a higher level of understanding than those under comprehension
Analysis is the level that goes beyond application as the candidates need to be able to break down information into its component parts so that its organizational structure may be understood and to make inferences. More specifically, candidates need to break down, discriminate, diagram, detect, differentiate and illustrate which are all important tasks at this level of learning and include the previous levels of knowing, comprehending and applying. Such learning outcomes and in turn assessment objectives go beyond knowing, understanding and applying and may include:
- see patterns that they can use to analyze a problem
- develop divergent conclusions by identifying motives or causes
- make inferences
- find evidence to support generalizations
- identify parts, analyze the relationship between parts, and recognize the organizational principles involved
The assessment incorporates the above learning outcomes as it uses assessment objectives that cater for the above cognitive domain categories.
- 2 day Certified Instructor-led training
- Official Training Seminar Student Handbook
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Exam Voucher with Remote proctoring
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
- *For more details call: 858-208-4141 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- This certification is the second level of the PeopleCert SCRUM qualification scheme and is aimed at anyone who wishes to become an efficient leading member in an environment that the Scrum framework is applied and requires candidates to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of Scrum terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their application skills of how to use tools efficiently and effectively. The certification can also cater for candidates seeking personal certification
- This certification will provide the advanced level of knowledge to its holders and will certify that they have a solid understanding of the Scrum framework practices using various tools and are able to apply these in everyday work involving the required practices. The basic level of skills and knowledge is covered in the PeopleCert SCRUM Master I level of the qualification scheme provided by PeopleCert and a quick recap of these is provided in the PeopleCert SCRUM Master II material.