ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
* Looking for a flexible schedule (after hours or weekends)? Please call 858-208-4141 or email us: email@example.com.
Student financing options are available.
Transitioning military and Veterans, please contact us to sign up for a free consultation on training and hiring options.
Looking for group training? Contact Us
About This Course
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer training course enables participants to acquire the knowledge necessary to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an information security management system (ISMS).
What You’ll Learn
Information security threats and attacks increase and improve constantly. The best form of defense against them is the proper implementation and management of information security controls and best practices. Information security is also a key expectation and requirement of customers, legislators, and other interested parties.
This training course is designed to prepare participants in implementing an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of an ISMS and a framework for its continual management and improvement.
After attending the training course, you can take the exam. If you successfully pass it, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential, which demonstrates your ability and practical knowledge to implement an ISMS based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
- This training course contains essay-type exercises, multiple-choice quizzes, examples, and best practices used in the implementation of an ISMS.
- The participants are encouraged to communicate with each other and engage in discussions when completing quizzes and exercises.
- The exercises are based on a case study.
- The structure of the quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an information security management system (ISMS)Domain 2: Information security management system (ISMS)Domain 3: Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001Domain 5: Monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification auditFor specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
- After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer certifications are as follows:
Credential Exam Professional experience ISMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management Project activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management Project activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
Note: PECB certified individuals who possess Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master credential, given that they have taken four additional Foundation exams related to this scheme. More detailed information about the Foundation exams and the Master credential requirements can be found here.
The ISMS project experience should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an ISMS implementation business case
- Managing an ISMS implementation project
- Implementing an ISMS
- Managing documented information
- Implementing metrics
- Implementing corrective actions
- Performing a management review
- Managing an ISMS performance
- Managing an ISMS team
- 5 days Instructor-led training
- Collaboration with classmates (not currently available for the self-paced course)
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake it within 12 months following the initial attempt for free.
- Exam scheduling support*
- Enjoy job placement assistance for the first 12 months after course completion.
- This course is eligible for CCS Learning Academy’s Learn and Earn Program: get a tuition fee refund of up to 50% if you are placed in a job through CCS Global Tech’s Placement Division*
- Government and Private pricing available.*
- Self-Study option available with Training material and Certification voucher at $ 1095 (Instructor-led training not included).*
- The main requirement for participating in this training course is having a general knowledge of the ISMS concepts and ISO/IEC 27001.
- Project managers and consultants involved in and concerned with the implementation of an ISMS
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an ISMS
- Individuals responsible for ensuring conformity to information security requirements within an organization
- Members of an ISMS implementation team